Jessica Hord is showing us how to make a mouthwatering baked blueberry french toast. It's packed with juicy blueberries, sweet cream cheese, and topped with a generous drizzle of cinnamon syrup. This scrumptious treat is our new favorite dish here at RTM, and it will probably become your favorite too!
— 12 oz. softened cream cheese
— 1/2 cup maple syrup, divided
— 1 tsp. cinnamon, divided
— 2 cups blueberries
— French baguette loaf cut into 1/2 inch slices
— 1 1/2 cups heavy cream
— 2 large eggs
— 1/2 tsp. vanilla
— 4 tablespoons butter
— 1/3 cup brown sugar
1. Mix together cream cheese, 1/4 cup of maple syrup, and 1/2 tsp. of cinnamon.
2. Fold in blueberries.
3. Spread mixture onto one side of a slice of the baguette and continue placing each covered slice in front of the next, in even rows, in a buttered casserole dish.
4. Whisk together cream, eggs, and vanilla.
5. Pour cream mixture over the top of the slices of bread.
6. Cover with foil and refrigerate overnight.
7. When ready, preheat oven to 350 degrees and cook foil-covered dish for 35 minutes.
8. After time is up, remove foil and continue to bake for an additional 10 minutes.
9. To make the syrup: Melt butter and whisk in brown sugar, 1/2 tsp. of cinnamon and 1/4 cup of maple syrup. Spoon over plated slices of toast. You're done!
Inspired by: The Salty Marshmallow