We all love a good pulled pork sandwich and our "kitchenista" Jessica Hord has an excellent recipe for Father's Day. The best part? It only takes a slow cooker! Top it with coleslaw and you've got one amazing lunch.
— 2 cups water
— 2.5 pounds boneless pork loin
— 1 tbsp paprika
— 1 tsp black pepper
— 2 tsp salt
— 2 tbsp liquid smoke (Jessica used mesquite flavor)
— 1 cup BBQ sauce
— 2 cloves garlic, minced
— 1/2 white onion
1. Pull apart the rings of the onion and set aside.
2. Pour water into the slow cooker and add meat.
3. Mix together the paprika, pepper, and salt. Sprinkle mixture on top of meat.
4. Pour liquid smoke and BBQ sauce over meat.
5. Sprinkle garlic and onion rings on top of the meat.
6. Cook on high for 5 hours or, for a softer meat, on low for 8 hours. If you like your pulled pork a little saucier, add more BBQ sauce. You're done!
Inspired by: Lauren Greutman