A new and terrifying weather front is hitting Los Angeles. In Syfy's new original feature starring Tara Reid and Ian Ziering (from Beverly Hills 90210), a "sharknado" is coming to town and they're "gonna need a bigger chopper!" I'm no meteorologist, but I don't think that's how nature works. View Now
It's October 30th — do you know where your Halloween costume is? If you just realized all you've got to wear to the weekend festivities is last year's Frozen costume, don't worry — Jessica Hord has got you covered. So feel free to toss out that old costume (seriously, let it go) and try one of these five last-minute costumes that are guaranteed to score you some major compliments.
COSTUME INSTRUCTIONS1. FASHION DON'TYou'll Need:
-- Glasses to Glue Black Strip Over
-- Black Construction Paper
-- Hot Glue Gun
-- Hot Glue Sticks
-- Double Sided Tape
-- Wacky Outfit
-- Printer or Thick Red Sharpie
1. Print & cut "DON'T" sign (OR draw it out) and use the double-sided tape to tape it to the cardboard.
2. Cut a black strip of construction paper thick & long enough to cover the glasses.
3. Measure where each hole should go to see through glasses & cut.
4. Hot glue black strip to glasses, put on wacky outfit, hold sign and you're done!
2. STICK FIGUREYou'll Need:
-- White Top (A top with long sleeves works best.)
-- White Bottoms
-- Black Electrical Tape
-- Thick Black Sharpie
-- Paper Plate
-- Scissors (If you'd like to cut out the eyes.)
-- String, Ribbon, Etc.
1. If you have someone who can help, put the bottoms and top on -- have them "draw" a stick figure with the electrical tape. You can also do this on a flat surface alone.
2. Draw a smiley face on the paper plate.
3. If you'd like to wear the face as a mask; cut out the eyes and secure string, ribbon, etc. with electrical tape to the back. You're done!
*Inspired by:All For the Boys
NOTE: YOU CAN DO A WOMAN'S VERSION TOO! JUST ADD A TRIANGLE FOR A SKIRT!
3. WIND-UP DOLLYou'll Need:
-- At Least A 9" X 9" Scrap of Cardboard
-- Large Tape Roll (Think masking or duck tape.)
-- Spool of Thread
-- Pencil or Pen
-- "Skinny" Belt (Shouldn't measure more than 1/2 an inch in width.)
-- Half of an Empty Paper Towel Roll or Empty Toilet Paper Roll
1. Trace the outside of the tape roll on the left side of cardboard. Trace again on the right side, overlapping the other circle by about 1/2 an inch. When you're done tracing it should look like a Venn diagram.
2. Create a circle in the center of the bigger circles by tracing a spool of thread.
3. Now put your empty roll between & below the two sets of circles and mark the sides for your key "stem".
4. Cut around the circles and stem and then carefully cut out the inner circles.
5. Paint both cardboard pieces and let dry.
6. Once dry, gently squeeze empty roll so you can cut two slits on opposite sides, about an inch from the bottom. Make each slit at least the size of belt width.
7. Insert belt through slits.
8. Now try to put your flat cardboard shape into the empty roll and belt. If it doesn't fit, trim a little from each side until it fits snuggly.
9. Fasten belt around you, making sure wind-up key is in the center of your back and you're done!
*Inspired by:eHow4. PINEAPPLEYou'll Need:
-- Yellow Dress or Yellow Top & Bottoms
-- Green Construction Paper (You can also use green poster board or paint or color white paper green too!)
-- Empty Toilet Paper Roll
-- Ribbon (If it's green even better.)
-- Hot Glue Gun
1. Cut leaves ranging from 12" to as short as 3".
2. Gently curl the top of the leaves with your fingers.
3. Start hot-glueing the longer leaves to the top of the empty roll. Work your way down using shorter and shorter leaves until you can no longer see the empty roll.
4. Cut your ribbon so that it's long enough to tie around your head.
5. Cut ribbon in 1/2 and hot glue one end of each piece to opposite sides of the inside of the empty roll.
6. Put on yellow ensemble, tie on green head-piece, and you're done!
*Inspired by: Studio DIY5. STATIC CLINGYou'll Need:
-- Random Clothing Items
-- Safety Pins
-- Dryer Sheets
-- Black Top
-- Black Bottoms
1. Safety pin random clothing items and dryer sheets to top and bottoms -- you're done!
*Inspired by:Money CrashersView Now
Sharknado took the world by storm last year. If it's not broken, why fix it? We believe that was the mentality going into the movie's sequel. Here is the first trailer for Sharknado 2: The Second One. Yes, that's a guy fighting a shark with a chainsaw in a tornado. View Now
Conan's back playing games again! Von Miller and Josh Norman face off to see who can survive longer in the world of "Doom," and we have to say, we're laughing just as hard as we did last year. View Now
The Waste Management Phoenix Open is as much about the show as it is about the golf. So where better to have a robot take a swing? On the infamous 16th hole, the robot did in one swing what very few golfers do in their entire careers. View Now
Valentine’s Day is just around the corner, and what better way to celebrate than with some festive treats? These store bought recipe hacks are super easy to make and incredibly satisfying to eat. View Now
Talk about a tall order! My Cupcake Addiction shows you how to make a super cool and colorful bundt cake she likes to call a "Rainbow Heart Cake" with a surprise. You guests (or your sweetheart) will think it's just a regular chocolate bundt cake until they cut into it to discover a perfect rainbow heart. Color us impressed! Watch the video to see how she did it. View Now
How to Cake It wants to help you keep your Valentine's Day not only romantic, but scientifically correct with this human heart cake, complete with veins, arteries, and all the fixins you need to tell the important people in your life: "I love you, but I also love keeping it real. And also, I love red velvet." View Now
You can buy flowers, give her chocolate, buy her beautiful jewelry or... you can shout your love for your sweetheart for all to hear. That's how these men in Tokyo choose to declare their love for their wives. Bizarre? Sure. Romantic? Eh... See for yourself. View Now
Some people were just born crafty — others…not so much. Cosmopolitan brought in their least creative editor to demonstrate how to make a, “bunch of homemade garbage to give to people that you apparently love” on Valentine’s Day. The talentless DIY tutorial show us how to make everything from romantic candle holders to decorative soaps. Good luck! View Now
Wingsuit pilots in Chamonix, France took off from an insanely-high mountain in February. EPICTV captured the entire flight that came very close to a bad collision. It turns out that instead of flying into a skier, they flew into a heart for Valentine's Day.
Everyone wants to be remembered for something — something that is preferably positive.
Jennifer Lawrence, Lupita Nyong’O, Charlotte Rampling and other inspiring women share what they want their imprint to be. View Now
"Do you know who Lenny Kravitz is? I'm his kid." That's just one of the things that comes out of Zoë Kravitz' mouth as she passes the time making mischievous prank calls in this video released by Teen Vogue of their March cover girl. Ms. Kravitz would like two pizzas facing each other stuffed with a calzone baked into another calzone. Got all that? Great. View Now
Johnny Depp and Vanessa Paradis’ little girl is all grown up. These days, Lily-Rose Depp, 16, is making quite the name for herself. The French American actress and model recently chatted with Vanity Fair and was asked to give some insight into some of her most fascinating Instagram posts. View Now
George Clooney recently appeared on Jimmy Kimmel Live! and was surprised to find himself doing a one-man reenactment of E.R. It turns out the Gravity actor was the only former cast member available for a last-minute reunion...and things didn’t exactly go as planned. Luckily, another TV actor stepped in to save the day. View Now
Would you be willing to try dog treats? Before you say no - what if they had a hint of peanut butter? These folks decided to roll the dice and give them a try. You know - just to see what their beloved pets are tasting. Watch the surprising results. View Now
A woman got a shocking surprise during a recent shopping trip in Sydney, Australia. Zoe Perry took to social media to share with friends a very large, terrifying spider moving inside a bag of Italian salad mix.
Captured on remote sensor cameras in the Santa Rita Mountains near Tucson, Arizona, this is the public's first glimpse of this American jaguar. Recently named "El Jefe" this majestic creature is the only known wild jaguar currently in the United States. View Now
It looks like goats are born to climb. On Violet's first day outside of her mother's womb, she decided she wanted to try out her climbing skills. So she galloped to the nearest rock and climbed it. That's just how animals start life when they're born at Catskill Animal Sanctuary. View Now
Small animals can get stuck in tiny spaces. A man happened across an iguana stuck in an open spot in a chain-link fence, and after some work, was able to rescue it.
Another man found a sparrow trapped in a small vent on his roof, and had to construct a long pole in order to get it out. View Now
It's unclear why these very unusual-looking ducks are duking it out, but one could venture a guess that it has something to do with that pretty lady duck watching from the sidelines.
And if duck love triangle duck fights aren't your thing, just watch this puppy do what it does best: be really, really cute. View Now