RightThisMinute has an immediate opening for a full-time Digital Producer for web and social media willing to work flexible/news hours. Our Digital Producers and eJournalists scour the web (and the world) for interesting, compelling videos and the stories behind them. We find viral videos before they go viral. Digital Producers write stories and headlines, create thumbnails, and post across social channels. The television show and digital channels work in tandem to showcase interesting and new videos, breaking news, and promotions.
- Gather information/facts and write web copy and top quality headlines
- Create and/or select engaging thumbnails for website stories
- Liaise with show producers to ensure all web requirements are met
- Monitor and manage the website's homepage, selecting a good mix of relevant content
- Monitor major news websites and blogs for breaking news and trending topics
- Contact video creators/content sources for permissions and/or interviews
- Promote show content/website content on our social media pages, and occasionally respond to questions and comments
- A passion for writing and editing blog and social posts
- Ability to write a high volume of content quickly and accurately
- A keen eye for grammar and details
- Solid news judgement
- Experience writing and posting to Facebook, Twitter, and other social platforms
- Ability to edit images in Adobe Photoshop
- Experience creating graphics with images and text
A background in journalism, online content, blogging, editing, and/or television is encouraged. Must be able to work under deadline pressures and live in Phoenix, Arizona. A basic knowledge of SEO, Google Analytics, operating a CMS like WordPress is a plus.
Submit your resume to firstname.lastname@example.org or post a video resume online and email us a link.