Hamburger sliders are a Summertime favorite at the grill, but have you ever thought about starting your day with sliders? That's why we're so excited about this recipe from Delish! You can add pretty much whatever filling you want, along with three eggs and cheese, top it all off with bacon, and that's all it takes to have a winning breakfast sandwich! You can follow the full recipe below!
- Cooking spray
- 2 tbsp. extra-virgin olive oil
- 1 medium zucchini, trimmed, and chopped
- 1 small yellow onion, chopped
- 1 medium red bell pepper, stemmed, seeded, and chopped
- 1 medium orange bell pepper, stemmed, seeded, and chopped
- Kosher salt
- Freshly ground black pepper
- 2 cloves garlic, minced
- 10 large Eggland’s Best Eggs
- 1/2 c. whole milk
- 1/3 c. packed fresh basil leaves, chopped
- 6 deli-slices cheddar
- 12 slider buns
- 12 slices cooked bacon
- Preheat oven to 425ºF. Grease an 8-by-11-inch baking dish with cooking spray.
- Heat the oil in a large skillet over medium-high. Add the zucchini, onion, and the red and orange bell peppers and season with salt and pepper. Cook, stirring frequently, until vegetables are softened and golden in places, about 5 minutes. Add the garlic and continue to cook, stirring until garlic is lightly toasted and fragrant, 1 minute more. Scrape the cooked vegetables into an even layer in the prepared baking dish.
- In a large bowl, whisk together the eggs and milk. Season with salt and pepper and stir in the basil. Pour egg mixture over vegetables in baking dish and bake until just set, about 20 minutes. Remove from the oven and carefully top with the cheddar cheese. Return to oven and bake until cheese is melted, about 1 to 2 minutes more.
- Cut warm egg into 12 squares, sandwich between buns with bacon, and enjoy!