Caramel and Cheetos are loved by many on their own, but have you ever thought of putting them together? Jessica Hord is showing us how to make a treat that's crunchy, sweet, and a little bit crazy using two very different flavor combinations. Caramel Cheetos are sure to be the talk of the party!
— 1 cup unsalted butter
— 2 cups light brown sugar
— 1/2 cup light corn syrup
— 1/2 tsp. baking soda
— 2 (8 1/2 oz.) bags of Cheetos
1. Preheat oven to 250 degrees and put Cheetos into a large mixing bowl.
2. Melt butter and combine with brown sugar and corn syrup over medium to high heat, bringing the mixture to a boil.
3. Once it begins to boil, continually stir for five minutes then remove from heat.
4. Stir in baking soda until mixture lightens and gets frothy.
5. Pour caramel mixture over Cheetos and stir, coating as much of the snack as possible.
6. Spread out over a baking sheet lined with non-stick foil.
7. Bake for one hour, stirring every 15 minutes.
8. Remove from oven and spread out into a single layer on more non-stick aluminum foil. (Jessica recommends quickly separating the Cheetos with a rubber spatula so they don't all stick together.) Let them cool. You're done!