Jessica Hord is showing us that not all watermelon is created equal with these delicious ways to season your watermelon. Whether spice is your thing or you like to keep it sweet — there's a style for everyone! Do your taste buds a favor and give one (or all) of these recipes a try.
"Lemony Fresh" Watermelon
-- Lemon juice
-- Course salt
-- Lemon zest
1. Spoon or squeeze lemon juice onto watermelon.
2. Sprinkle fruit with salt and lemon zest. You're done!
-- Watermelon juice
1. Stir together watermelon juice, a few drops of vanilla, and cinnamon in a bowl.
2. Sprinkle mixture over watermelon. Top with an extra sprinkle of cinnamon. You're done!
1. Thinly (very thinly) slice jalapeño and remove seeds.
2. Top watermelon with Taijin and jalapeño slices. You're done!
"Sushi Style" Watermelon
-- Ground ginger or freshly grated ginger
-- Sesame seeds
-- Soy sauce
1. Sprinkle fruit with ginger and sesame. Serve with a side of soy sauce. You're done!
Inspired by: TheFitFork