Do you ever crave sweet, chocolatey brownies, but also want to feel like you're eating healthy? Well, our very own Jessica Hord has an awesome recipe for brownies made with a secret, healthy ingredient — dates! We know, it sounds kind of weird to put dates in a brownie, but see for yourself just how much the RTM hosts love them. They're even gluten free, so Oli can join in on the fun.
***One brownie cooked in a 9x9 pan and cut into twelve slices = 153 calories
— 1 cup almond flour
— 1/2 cup unsweetened cocoa powder
— 1 tsp. vanilla
— 1/4 cup honey
— 1/2 tsp. cinnamon
— 1/2 tsp. baking soda
— 1/4 cup melted coconut oil
— 1 cup pitted Medjool dates
— 1/4 tsp. sea salt
— 3 large eggs
1. Preheat oven to 350 degrees and line a 9x9 baking dish with parchment paper.
2. Add all ingredients, except for eggs, to food processor and pulse for one minute.
3. Add one egg to the batter and pulse for thirty seconds.
4. Add a second egg to the batter and pulse for thirty seconds.
5. Add the last egg to the batter and pulse for thirty seconds.
6. Pour batter into dish and bake for about 25 minutes or until an inserted toothpick comes out clean. Cut and serve. You're done!
Inspired by: Bites for Foodies