If you're looking for a new gameday snack, then look no further! We're obsessed with this recipe for "Corn Ribs" our very own Jessica Hord found from Mon Mack. Whether you're looking to cut more red meat out of your diet or you're just simply looking for a tasty, savory finger food, corn ribs will satisfy your cravings.
Follow the recipe below!
- 2 corn cobs
- 1/4 tsp each of ground cumin, coriander, turmeric, smoked paprika and sweet paprika
- 1 1/2 tbsp olive oil
- ¼ tsp salt
- Plain yogurt
- Spring onions
- Preheat your oven to 210C (410F).
- If the corn still have their husks on, start by cutting the tops and bottoms of your corn then place in the microwave for 30 sec. - 1 min. to help remove the husks cleanly (this step is optional so it can be skipped if you don’t have a microwave or doesn’t need to be done if the husk have already been removed).
- Stand the corn upright and very carefully, run your knife from top to bottom to split them in 2 halves then repeat to cut them in quarters.
- Mix together all of the spices and salt then add your olive oil to make a paste.
- Pour your spice paste all over the corn and massage until every kernel is nicely coated.
- Line the ‘ribs’ onto a baking tray and bake in the preheated oven for 20-30mins. Keep and eye on them because you want to char and caramelise on the edges but not too much.
- Pile the ribs onto a plate and top with yoghurt and spring onions. If you’d prefer you can do a Mayo or different herbs.