Halloween parties are almost here but if you're still not sure what special snack to make this year, we have a bewitching recipe for you. RightThisMinute how-to guru Jessica Hord made the perfect pretzel witch fingers that will spellbind everyone at your Halloween party.
-- Small food-safe brush
-- 28 blanched almonds
-- Black gel food coloring (you can also mix equal amounts of red, yellow and blue gel food coloring)
-- 12 oz. vibrant green candy coating
-- 14 large pretzel rods
-- Cookie sheet lined with wax or parchment paper
1. Brush the tops of blanched almonds with black gel food coloring. Set them aside to dry.
2. Cut each pretzel rod in half.
3. Melt candy coating and dip halved pretzel rods into the coating, broken end first, and leave a couple of inches of the bottom of the pretzel exposed.
4. Place each dipped pretzel on your wax or parchment paper and place one of the blackened almonds near the tip of the "finger". Do this while the candy coating is still sticky so the almond will stick.
5. Once you've dipped each pretzel, use a toothpick to make wrinkles.
6. Refrigerate the tray for 10 minutes, allowing the candy coating to harden. You're done!
Inspired by: About Food