It's the spookiest time of the year and if you want to properly get into the spirit, you should decorate accordingly. Our own Halloween Queen, Jessica Hord will show you how to create haunting dioramas from craft store pumpkins. No expensive crafts or witch's spells required!
— Craft pumpkin
— Craft knife, carving knife, pumpkin carving kit or Versa-Tool (Jessica used a craft knife)
— Foam disk
— Air-dry clay
— Moss sheets
— Hot glue
— Halloween figurines
— LED tea lights (optional)
1. Using your carving tool of choice, cut a large hole into the pumpkin.
2. Paint the inside of the pumpkin; this will serve as the backdrop for your scene.
3. Put a foam disk inside the pumpkin; if needed cut it to fit.
4. Create a base for your scene's ground using air-dry clay. Let it dry.
5. Using scissors, cut your moss to fit over your clay.
6. Secure moss to clay with hot glue.
7. Assemble scene using figurines. If needed, hot glue figurines in place.
8. Add LED lights, if you're using them. You're done!