The holiday of all things green and three-leaf clovered is upon us. We don't know about you, but any holiday promoting good luck and green foods is a celebratory must in our book. Our cheerful leprechaun Jessica Hord finds herself in the kitchen once again to bring us another delicious treat. This Pistachio Pudding Cake recipe is a guaranteed big hit at any St. Patrick's Day party.
— Vanilla cake mix
— 2 boxes pistachio pudding, divided
— 1 cup olive oil
— 1 1/2 cups milk, divided
— 3 eggs
— Green food coloring
— 8 oz. Original Cool Whip
— 1 cup chopped pistachios
1. Preheat oven to 350 degrees.
2. Using an electric mixer; combine cake mix, one box of pistachio pudding, oil, one cup of milk, three eggs and ten drops of food coloring.
3. Pour batter into a 9x13 cake pan coated with cooking spray and bake for 25 minutes or until it passes the toothpick test. Allow cake to cool.
4. Using a spoon or rubber spatula, fold remaining box of pudding into Cool Whip.
5. Fold in 1/2 cup of milk a little at a time.
6. Fold in food coloring.
7. Ice cake and top with pistachios. You're done!
Inspired by: The Gingham Apron