Bacon never goes out of season, but we can't picture a better time to show off these explosive little "bombs" of flavor to friends and family than this holiday season! RightThisMinute's how-to guru Jessica Hord's got the down-low on these delectable must-have appetizers. Check out her recipe and full instructions below.
— 2 Cups chilled mashed potatoes
— 1 Egg
— Salt and pepper to taste
— 1 Block of sharp cheddar cheese, cut into one-inch cubes
— 1/2 cup dry bread crumbs
— Package of center-cut bacon
— Oil for frying (Jessica used peanut oil)
— Your favorite dip (Jessica served ranch dip)
1. Mix mashed potatoes with egg, salt and pepper.
2. Push a cube of cheese into a scoop of the mashed potato mixture and roll into a ball.
3. Roll ball in dry bread crumbs.
4. Next, wrap with bacon and secure with a toothpick.
5. Using caution, fry ball in a deep pot filled with at least two inches of hot oil (350° works best). Depending on the depth and width of your pot, you may find you can fry more than one ball at a time.
6. Fry until evenly golden (you may even see a little melted cheese).
7. Drain balls on paper towel and serve with dip. You're done!
Inspired by: Oh, Bite It!