Everybody loves football season! Even if you're not a fan, it's hard not to get excited about tailgate snacks. Our own tailgate treat mastermind, Jessica Hord, has got an easy tailgate trail mix recipe for you that will please fans and non-fans alike.
— 1 stick salted butter
— 1 cup brown sugar
— 1/4 cup light corn syrup
— 1/4 tsp. baking soda
— 4 1/2 cups Corn Chex cereal
— 4 1/2 cups Rice Chex cereal
— Cooking spray
— 2/3 cup granulated sugar mixed with 2 tsp. ground cinnamon
1. Preheat oven to 350 degrees.
2. Combine Chex cereals and set aside.
3. In a medium saucepan melt butter, combine with brown sugar and corn syrup. Bring mixture to a boil. Allow mixture to boil for one minute.
4. Remove from heat and stir in baking soda.
5. Fold mixture into cereal combination.
6. Line a cookie sheet with foil and spray with cooking spray.
7. Pour cereal on the cookie sheet and spread.
8. Sprinkle all of the cinnamon/sugar mixture on top of the cereal.
9. Bake for five minutes, flip, bake for another 3 minutes. Let cool, break up. You're done!