Potatoes and bacon is a match made in kitchen heaven. So if you've been looking for the perfect recipe that combines the two, then look no further than our own culinary match-maker Jessica Hord! She'll show you everything you'll need in order to prepare "Baked Bacon Potatoes," which was sent to Jessica from a fan.
***Jessica quartered these ingredients in the video.
— 1/2 pound thick sliced bacon
— 3 large russet potatoes, peeled and chopped into 1/4 inch cubes
— 1 teaspoon kosher salt
— 1 teaspoon black pepper
— 1 1/2 cups freshly shredded sharp cheddar
— 3 thinly sliced green onions
1. Line baking sheet with foil and lay strips of bacon on top. Place bacon in a cold oven and bake at 400 degrees until they've reached your desired level of doneness. Drain bacon on a paper towel-lined plate and set aside.
2. Toss potatoes in leftover grease from bacon. Sprinkle with salt and pepper and bake at 400 degrees for 20 minutes and remove.
3. Toss potatoes again and bake for another 20 minutes and remove. Check if potatoes are tender inside. If potatoes are tender continue to step 4. If not, bake for another fifteen minutes and remove.
4. Sprinkle cheese and bacon over potatoes and bake until cheese is melted and remove.
5. Top with green onions. You're done!
Inspired by: Barefeet In The Kitchen