If you're still putting together the final treats for your spooky Halloween party, don't forget to add this delicious cheese centerpiece to your table. We asked our RightThisMintue how-to guru Jessica Hord how to make a zombie brains cheese ball.
-- 2 (8 oz.) packages softened cream cheese
-- 1/2 cup crumbled feta cheese
-- 1/4 cup grated parmesan cheese
-- 1/4 cup pesto
-- 2 tbsp. toasted pine nuts
-- 1/2 cup oil-packed sun-dried tomatoes
-- 1 clove garlic
-- 1/2 cup water
-- 1/4 cup olive oil
-- 1 tbsp. balsamic vinegar
-- Crackers for serving
1. Mix one package of cream cheese and feta in food processor or blender. Scoop mixture into a plastic baggie and allow to chill in refrigerator until you're ready for it.
2. Mix remaining package of cream cheese, parmesan cheese and pesto in the food processor. Pulse in toasted pine nuts, a little at a time. Scoop into a bowl you've lined with plastic wrap. Allow to chill in the fridge for an hour.
3. Mix sun-dried tomatoes, garlic, water, olive oil and balsamic vinegar and set aside.
4. Plate the pesto/cream cheese mixture and shape like a brain.
5. Cut a tiny hole in the corner of the plastic baggie containing the feta/cream cheese mixture. In small circular motions, pipe the mixture onto the top of the pesto/cream cheese ball.
6. Spoon tomato mixture around brainy cheeseball and serve with crackers. You're done!
Inspired by: The Two Bite Club