Have you ever had hot dogs in the fridge, but you've already used up all the hot dog buns? Jessica Hord is here to show you how to use those hot dogs to make a delicious pigs-in-grilled-cheese sandwich.
You'll Need (for one sandwich):
— 1 hot dog, cut in half
— 2 slices of bread (Jessica used Texas Toast)
— 2 slices of cheese (Jessica used sharp cheddar and pepper-jack)
— Optional: dipping sauces (Jessica used ketchup and ranch)
1. Melt butter on a griddle or in a frying pan.
2. Place hot dog halves in the middle of melted butter.
3. Spread mayo on the outside of two slices of bread, then place the slices mayo side down on the griddle.
4. Put one slice of cheese on the top of each slice of bread on the griddle. When hot dogs start to brown, transfer to the top of one of the slices of bread and then top with remaining slice of bread.
5. Cook on medium to low heat until cheese is melted. Once cheese is melted, remove from heat. You're done!
Inspired by: No Plate Like Home
More Ideas for Leftover Hot Dogs: