Marshmallow peeps are fun, but what happens when they get a little boozy? That's what we're going to find out with this amazing "Drunk Peeps Boozy Fudge" recipe from The decorated cookie. The best part of this recipe that Jessica Hord found for us is that you don't need an oven, so you can throw that thing out! WAIT...not, like, literally throw it out. You'll probably need it for other recipes later. Sorry, we've been getting into the boozy fudge.
Here's what you'll need:
-1 cup vodka
-2 pounds confectioner’s sugar
-1 bag (12-ounces) white chocolate chips
-pastel or Easter-themed sprinkles (optional)
-marshmallow Peeps (optional)
-black food writer (optional)
1. Line a 9 x 13 inch baking pan with parchment paper. Crease the edges so the sides are also lined and you can later use the parchment paper to lift the fudge out of the pan. If necessary, snip the corners of the paper with scissors.
2. Place the chocolate chips in a microwave-safe bowl. Microwave for 90 seconds at 70 percent power. Stir and continue to melt at 30 second, then 15 second, intervals just until melted, stirring well each time.
3. While the chocolate is melting, place the confectioner’s sugar in a large bowl. Whisk the vodka into the sugar. The mixture will look like icing.
4. When the chocolate is melted, quickly pour the chocolate into the sugar and vodka mixture and stir very well. Scrape the chocolate, vodka and sugar mixture into the prepared baking pan. Spread evenly. Work quickly, as white chocolate sets quickly when mixed with liquid.
5. If desired, sprinkle sprinkles on top and gently press into the fudge.
6. Let the fudge set in the refrigerator. Cut into squares. If fudge is soft, leave it in the refrigerator overnight.
7. If desired, draw “drunk” faces on the Peeps and arrange on the fudge. Use toothpicks to prop Peeps on individual pieces of fudge.