At RightThisMinute, the videos are the news. The television show provides an entertaining way to watch the best new videos from all over the world, before you'll see them somewhere else. RTM combines the power of a nationally syndicated weekday television show with an all-video website, two apps, and a social community that loves to share videos. The massive amount of information and video available to the average person increases exponentially every year, especially with the rise of smartphones. News is everywhere. Around the clock, producers in the RightThisMinute newsroom sift through all that content to offer the best videos and the stories behind them to both a new and traditional audience on television, the web, and mobile. RightThisMinute is new, engaging, funny, important, informative, and just plain interesting. Available positions:
- Website Producer/eJournalist
RightThisMinute has an immediate opening for a website producer/eJournalist. Here is your chance to work on a rapidly-growing national brand. We are a nationally-syndicated television show cleared in 92 percent of the country. We also operate a website with 2.5 million page views per month. Candidate must be willing to work flexible/news hours (exact shift TBD).
Our web producers and eJournalists scour the web (and the world) for interesting, compelling videos and the stories behind them. We find viral videos before they go viral, and break news with unseen video. We serve up videos to our viewers on our website and our television show before they will be seen anywhere else. The television show and the website work in tandem to showcase interesting and new videos, breaking news, and promotions.
- Find and curate interesting and informative videos and news
- Work to find breaking news stories, unseen videos, and exclusive content
- Gather information/facts and write web copy and kick-butt headlines
- Monitor and manage the website's homepage, selecting a good mix of relevant content, ultimately making it a thing of beauty
- Monitor major news websites and blogs for breaking news and trending topics
- Create and/or select engaging thumbnails for website stories
- Contact video creators/content sources
- Promote show content/website content on our social media pages, to an audience of more than 500,000, and occasionally respond to concerns/questions/comments
- Occasionally produce and edit video for the website
A background in journalism, online content, blogging, video production, and/or television is encouraged. Must be able to work under deadline pressures and live in Phoenix, Arizona. A basic knowledge of SEO, Google Analytics, social media, and video editing is a plus.
RightThisMinute is a nationally syndicated weekday television show that was brought to life by a unique partnership between MagicDust Television and Cox Media Group, Raycom Media, Inc., and The E.W. Scripps Company. RightThisMinute.com launched in September 2011.
Submit your resume to firstname.lastname@example.org or post a video resume online and email us a link.