A craft so simple, anyone can do it! This Mother's Day give her something personal she can treasure forever, a Tiny Hand Keychain. Our crafty how-to lady Jessica Hord is going to walk you through this DIY every step of the way until voilà! You've got an adorable little "handmade" memento to go on mommy's keys.
— 2 paintbrushes
— Gloss Acrylic Craft Paint
— Sheet of crystal clear Shrinky Dinks plastic
— Hole punch
— Parchment paper
— Gloss Mod Podge
— 10mm jump ring
— Split key ring
1. Preheat your oven to 325 degrees Fahrenheit.
2. Paint a hand using acrylic paint.
3. Press painted hand onto Shrinky Dinks plastic.
4. Once the paint is dry, turn plastic over and, using a Sharpie, sign the back of the print.
5. Cut around print and, using the hole punch, punch a hole between the index and middle finger.
6. Line a baking sheet with parchment paper (make sure it's compatible with your type of oven). Place print, signature side down, onto the baking sheet.
7. Bake for around 3 minutes (it should shrivel up and flatten again when it's ready).
8. When ready, quickly take the print out of the oven and press with a flat spatula if needed. Let cool.
9. Using the second paintbrush, put a thin layer of Mod Podge over only the painted part of the keychain. Let dry.
10. Using pliers, open and close a jump ring through the hole in the plastic.
11. Attach key ring. You're done!
Inspired by: Grey House Harbor