Put a new face on an old foodie classic with this deliciously simple Stromboli recipe. This dish is basically pizza, only prepared like a cake roll! It looks more complicated than it really is, so good thing RightThisMinute's own how-to guru Jessica Hord's here to show us how it's done.
We'd be lying if we said we weren't drooling a little when Jessica shares a sample with the RTM gang!
— 1 (11 oz.) can thin pizza crust
— Parchment paper
— 1/3 cup pizza sauce
— 1/2 cup sliced pepperoni
— 1 cup fully cooked sausage crumbles
— 2 cups shredded mozzarella cheese
— 1/2 cup shredded parmesan cheese
— Butter for basting
— Optional: extra pizza sauce for dipping
1. Preheat oven to 400 degrees Fahrenheit.
2. Open crust and spread out on a piece of parchment paper.
3. Using a spoon, spread pizza sauce onto dough.
4. Top sauce with pepperoni, sausage crumbles, and cheeses.
5. Starting on one side, carefully roll the edge over. Using parchment paper, continue rolling.
6. Baste top of dough with butter.
7. Cut small diagonal slits into the top of the formed stromboli.
8. Bake on a cookie sheet for 20 minutes or until crust is golden brown. You're done!
Inspired by: Southern Bite